Garcia Saenz de Sicilia, Mauricio
Assistant Professor. Mauricio Garcia Saenz de Sicilia, MD, has been a faculty member since 2013 and currently works as an assistant professor in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He is a member of the Liver Transplant Program and Director of the Multidisciplinary Liver Tumors Clinic. He joined UAMS after finishing a fellowship in Advance Transplant Hepatology at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He received his medical degree from the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico and completed his residency in internal medicine and fellowship in Gastroenterology at the National Institute of Medical Sciences and Nutrition. After finishing his training in Mexico, he completed a fellowship in Transplant Hepatology at the University of Nebraska. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology and a member of AASLD. Research interests are related to liver transplant and immunosuppression, viral hepatitis C, and hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Advanced Transplant Hepatology Fellowship (2012): University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Transplant Hepatology Fellowship (2011): University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Gastroenterology Fellowship (2008): Inst. Nal. Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición SZ, México D.F., México
- Internal Medicine Residency (2004): Inst. Nal. Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición SZ, México D.F., México
- Medical Doctor (1998):Universidad Nac. Autonoma de Mexico, Facultad de Medicina, C.U., Mexico
- Board Certified in Gastroenterology (Mexico)
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine (Mexico)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduated Certification
American Academy for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD)
Liver Transplantation; Alcoholic hepatitis; Viral hepatitis C; Hepatocellular carcinoma
Endoscopy; colonoscopy; liver biopsy; Fibroscan
Alcoholic Hepatitis; Hepatic encephalopathy; Hepatocellular carcinoma; Hepatitis C
- Tellez-Avila FI, García-Saenz-de-S M, Chavez-Tapia N, et.al. Prevalence of metabolic syndrome, obesity and diabetes type 2 in cryptogenic cirrhosis. World J Gastroenterol 2008;14(30):4771-4775.
- García-Saenz-de-S M, Sanchez-Avila F, Chavez-Tapia NC, Lopez-Arce G, Garcia-Osogobio S, Ruiz-Cordero R, Tellez-Avila FI. Proton pump inhibitors are not associated with a reduction in the incidence of portal-hypertension-related bleeding in patients with chronic liver disease. World J Gastroenterol 2010;16:5869-5873.
- Garcia-Saenz-de-Sicilia M, Olivera-Martinez MA, Grant WJ, Mercer DF, Baojjang C, et.al. Impact of anti-thymocyte globulin during immunosuppression induction in patients with hepatitis C after liver transplant. Dig Dis Sci 2014:59:2804-2812
- Al-Shoha M, Jagpal KS, Girotra M, Garcia-Saenz-de-Sicilia M, Magnesium toxicity-induced ileus in a postpartum patient treated for preeclampsia with magnesium sulphate. ACG Case Rep 2015;2(4):227-229.
- Jagpal KS, Girotra M, Hutchins LF, Caradine KD, Aduli F, Garcia-Saenz-de-Sicilia M. Ipilimumab-induced gastrointestinal toxicities: A management algorithm. Dig Dis Sci 2016:Epub.