Sudhir V. Shah, M.D.
Sudhir V. Shah served as Director of the Division of Nephrology at UAMS from 1990 to January 2015. He was the College of Medicine’s Distinguished Faculty Scholar for 2002. He received his residency and clinical nephrology training at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit and his research training at Mayo Clinic. He then joined the faculty of Tulane Medical School before being recruited to head the Nephrology Division at UAMS. He is internationally known for his work related to the role of oxidants and kidney disease and, more recently, studying novel mechanisms of cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic kidney disease. He has served on the editorial boards of all major kidney journals, has received continuous support from National Institutes of Health and the Veterans Administration since 1981, and holds over a dozen US and foreign patents. He has published over 240 peer-reviewed manuscripts, editorials, invited reviews and book chapters.
Academic Appointment: Adjunct Professor of Medicine
Training and Education
- M.B,B.S.: Bombay University, India
- Internship: Medical, St. Louis City Hospital, St. Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Fellowship: Nephrology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Fellowship: Physiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota