Medical School: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Residency: The George Washington University, Washington DC.
Chief Residency: The George Washington University, Washington DC.
Career Interest: General and preventive cardiology, noninvasive diagnostic cardiology, medical education, and health disparity studies.
Research Interest: Health disparities in cardiovascular disease outcomes and preventive cardiology.
Honors: Alpha Omega Alpha, Gold Humanism Honor Society
Hobbies: exploring the outdoors of the natural state, hiking and backpacking, fly fishing, wakeboarding, road biking, photography and international travel
- Fiser W and Bhatti S. “Clinical Decision Making: Acute Thrombosis of the Mechanical Mitral Valve.”American College of Cardiology Annual Scientific Sessions. Moderated poster session. Washington, DC. March 2017.
- Fiser W, Pai B, and Vallurupalli S. “Doppler vocal fremitus.” Echocardiography. 2017;00:1-2 doi:10.1111/echo.13455
- Fiser W, Mazhari R, Nagy C, Young H, and Reiner J. “Low income patients with myocardial infarction are less likely to receive a drug eluting stent than patients from high income areas.” American Heart Association. Oral abstract. Orlando, FL. November 2015.
- Blaire PW, Herrin D, Abaalkhail N, Fiser W. “DRESS syndrome presenting after initiation of mycobacterium avium complex osteomyelitis treatment.” BMJ Case Reports. 2015 Oct 5.
- Fiser WM, Hays NP, Rogers SC, KAjkenova O, Williams AE, Evans CM, Evans WJ. “Energetics of Walking in Elderly People: Factors Related to Gait Speed.” J Gerontology A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2010 Dec; 65(12): 1332-7.