Medical School: Ain Shams University School of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt
Residency: Seton Hall University School of Health and Medical Sciences, Elizabeth, NJ
Career Interest: Interventional Cardiology, Clinical research
Research Interest: General Cardiology; Interventional Cardiology
Hobbies: Reading, soccer playing, and volunteer society work
- Saad M, Elgendy IY, Mentias A, Abdelaziz HK, Barakat AF, Abuzaid A, Elgendy AY, Mojadidi MK, Chandrashekaran S, Mahmoud AN. Incidence, predictors and outcomes of early atrial arrhythmias after lung transplant: A systematic review and meta-analysis. JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2017 February. [Epub ahead of print]
- Nairooz http://intmedicine.uams.edu/wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=homepage_sliderR, Saad M, Sardar P, Aronow WS. Two year outcomes of Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold vs drug eluting stents in coronary artery disease. A Meta-analysis. Heart. 2017 January. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mentias A, Mahmoud AN, Elgendy IY, Elgendy AY, Barakat AF MD, Abuzaid AS, Saad M, Kapadia SR. Ischemic post-conditioning during primary percutaneous coronary intervention: A meta-analysis of randomized trials. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2017 January. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mahmoud AN, Elgendy IY, Saad M, Elgendy AY, Barakat AF, Mentias A, Abuzaid A, Bavry AA. Does Gender Influence the Cardiovascular Benefits Observed with Sodium Glucose Co-Transporter-2 (SGLT-2) Inhibitors? A Meta-Regression Analysis. Cardiol Ther. 2016 Nov 28. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mahmoud AN, Elgendy IY, Mentias A, Saad M, Ibrahim W, Mojadidi MK, Nairooz R, Eshtehardi P, Anderson RD, Samady H. Percutaneous coronary intervention or coronary artery bypass grafting for unprotected left main coronary artery disease: a meta-analysis and regression of randomized trials. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2017 February. [Epub ahead of print]
- Elgendy IY, Mahmoud AN, Barakat AF, Elgendy AY, Saad M, Abuzaid A, Wayanganker SA, Bavry AA. Cardiovascular safety of dipeptidyl-peptidase 4 inhibitors: A meta-analysis of placebo-controlled randomized trials. Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2016 Nov 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Saad M, Mahmoud AN, Elgendy IY, Abuzaid A, Barakat AF, Elgendy AY, Al-Ani M, Mentias A, Nairooz R, Bavry AA, Mukherjee D. Cardiovascular outcomes with sodium–glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitors in patients with type II diabetes mellitus: A meta-analysis of placebo-controlled randomized trials. Int J Cardiol. 2017;228:352-358
- Elbadawi A, Gasioch, G, Elgendy IY, Mahmoud AN, Ha LD, Al-Ashry H, Shahin H, Hamza MA, Abuzaid AS, Saad M. Intracoronary Eptifibatide During Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Early Versus Late Presenters with ST Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction: A Randomized Trial. Cardiol Ther. 2016 Dec;5(2):203-213
- Mahmoud AN, Saad M, Mansoor H, Barakat AF, Elgendy AY, Mentias A, Abuzaid A, Elgendy IY. Cardiovascular safety of incretin-based therapy in type 2 diabetes: A pairwise and network meta-analysis of randomized trials. Int J Cardiol. Int J Cardiol. 2016 Dec 26. pii: S0167-5273(16)34604-6
- Mahmoud AN, Al-Ani M, Saad M, Elgendy AY, Elgendy IY. Development and validation of a simple integer risk score for prediction of in-hospital mortality following Takotsubo syndrome. Heart Lung. 2016;45(6):510-514.
- Abdelaziz HK, Elkilany W, Khalid S, Sabet S, Saad M. Efficacy and safety of intracoronary verapamil versus sodium nitroprusside for the prevention of microvascular obstruction during a primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction Coron Artery Dis. 2017 Jan;28(1):11-16.
- Saad M, Nairooz R, Aronow WS. Letter by Saad et al Regarding Article “Outcomes With Intravascular Ultrasound-Guided Stent Implantation: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Trials in the Era of Drug-Eluting Stents”. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9(8). pii: e003892.
- Mahmoud AN, Saad M, Elgendy IY. Medicare Trends of Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy Outcomes: Is it Just the Tip of an Iceberg?. JACC Heart Fail. 2016;4(7):606.
- Barakat A, Saad M, Abuzaid A, Mentias A, Mahmoud A, Elgendy IY. “Perioperative Statin Therapy for Patients Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting”. Ann Thorac Surg 2016;101(2):818–25. DOI: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2015.09.070.
- Saad M, Roushdy A, Jmeian A, Shamoon F. “Intracardiac Dissection With Disrupted Mitral-Aortic Continuity”. Acta Cardiologica. 2015;70(5):597. DOI:10.2143/AC.70.5.3110522.
- Saad M, Ford DO, Goddard KK, Abuzaid A. “A twist of fate: situs inversus totalis with dextrocardia”. Am J Med. 2015 May;128(5):477-9.
- Mahmoud A, Saad M, Elgendy IY. Simultaneous multi-vessel coronary thrombosis in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a systematic review. Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2015 Apr-May;16(3):163-166.
- Rashed A, Won S, Saad M, Schreiber T. Use of the Impella 2.5 Left Ventricular Assist Device in a Patient with Cardiogenic Shock Secondary to Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. BMJ Case Rep. 2015.
- Saad M, Isbitan A, Roushdy A, Shamoon F. Left Atrial Wall Dissection: A Rare Sequela of Native-Valve Endocarditis. Tex Heart Inst J. 2015 Apr 1;42(2):178-80.
- Mahmoud A, Saad M, Elgendy AY, Abuzaid A, Elgendy IY. Bivalirudin in percutaneous coronary intervention, is it the anticoagulant of choice? Cardiovasc Ther. 2015;33(4): 227–235.
- Saad M, Mahmoud A, Elgendy IY, Richard Conti C. Ranolazine in the management of cardiac arrhythmias. Clin Cardiol. 2016;39(3):170-8.
- Abuzaid A, Saad M, Ayan M, Kabach A, Haddad TM, Smer A, Arouni A. Acute Amiodarone Pulmonary Toxicity after Drug Holiday: A Case report and Review of the Literature. Case reports in Cardiology. 2015 May.
- Elbadawi A, Hanna H, Mahmoud Y, Saad M. Fever in a Young Female Unmasking a Rare Disaster. Chest 2016;150(3):e77-9.
- Marwan Saad, Upamanyu Rampal, FNU Jaydev, Jill Butler. Acute Deep Venous Thrombosis unmasking underlying Wilson’s disease. Consultant. 2016;56(9):856-857.
- Abuzaid A, Elkashab M, Saad M. Cardiac Tamponade: A clinical challenge. Journal of Clinical and Invasive Cardiology. 2014; 1(1).
- Saad M, Rashed A, El-Haddad M, El-kilany W, Elgendy IY. Preliminary Report on Safety and Efficacy of Staged versus Complete Revascularization in patients with Multi-vessel disease at the time of Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Int J Angiol. Accepted January 2016, in press.
- Marwan Saad, Akram Y Elgendy, Amgad Mentias, Amr F Barakat, Hesham K Abdelaziz, Ahmed Abuzaid, Islam Y Elgendy and Ahmed N Mahmoud. Outcomes of Post-operative Atrial Fibrillation After Lung Transplantation: A Meta-analysis. American Heart Association (AHA) conference 2016, New Orleans, LA USA.
- Marwan Saad, Ramez Nairooz, Islam Y Elgendy, Amgad Mentias, Akram Y Elgendy, Amr F Barakat, Ahmed Abuzaid, Ahmed N Mahmoud, Asif Sewani, Waddah Maskoun and Sanjeev Saksena. Efficacy and Safety of Cryoballoon versus Radiofrequency Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation: A Meta-analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. American Heart Association (AHA) conference 2016, New Orleans, LA USA.
- Marwan Saad, Amgad Mentias, Ramez Nairooz. Bivalirudin versus Heparin in Women undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: A Meta-analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) conference 2016, Washington D.C USA
- Ayman Elbadawi, Ahmed Abuzaid, Marwan Saad. “Efficacy of Intracoronary Eptifibatide during Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Early versus Late Presenters with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: A Pilot Trial.” Acute coronary syndromes, myocardial infarction, thrombectomy and vulnerable plaque. Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) conference 2016, Orlando, FL USA.
- Ayman Elbadawi, Omar Awad, Ramy Raymond, Haytham Badran, Ahmad E Mostafa, Marwan Saad “Impact of Remote Ischemic Post-Conditioning during Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention on Left Ventricular Remodeling after Anterior Wall ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction: A Randomized Controlled Trial”. Acute coronary syndromes, myocardial infarction, thrombectomy and vulnerable plaque. Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) conference 2016, Orlando, FL USA.
- Sanjeev Saksena, April Slee, Rangadham Nagarakanti, Marwan Saad. “Atrial Fibrillation “Burden” on therapy is related to outcomes on antiarrhythmic drug therapy”. 11th Annual Congress of the European Cardiac Arrhythmia Society (ECAS) 2015 in Paris, France.
- Marwan Saad, Alaa Roushdy, Ashraf A.H. Elmidany, Addi Suleima “Iatrogenic Inferior Vena Cava Syndrome secondary to delayed partial embolization of an Atrial Septal Defect Occluder Device: Challenging Clinical Scenario”. American College of Cardiology (ACC) conference, San Diego, CA, USA. March 2015.
- Sanjeev Saksena, April Slee, Marwan Saad, Rangadham Nagarakanti. “Atrial Fibrillation “Burden” identifies risk of Adverse Cardiovascular Events on Antiarrhythmic Drugs: Further insights from the AFFIRM trial”. American College of Cardiology (ACC) conference, San Diego, CA, USA. March 2015.
- Ahmed Sami Abuzaid, Marwan Saad, Mohamed Ayan, Aiman Smer, Amy Arouni. “Heavy heart with light proteins; an insight”. American College of Cardiology (ACC) conference, San Diego, CA, USA. March 2015.
- Ahmed Mahmoud, Marwan Saad, Islam Elgendy. “Simultaneous Double Coronary Thrombosis In ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction. A Systematic Review of Literature”. American College of Cardiology (ACC) conference, San Diego, CA, USA. March 2015.
- Marwan Saad, Ahmed Rashed, Mohamed El-Haddad, Wael El-kilany, Bassem Wadee, Ahmed Nassar. “Staged versus Multi-vessel Revascularization in Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for Acute ST segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction based on Peri-procedural Revascularization Success Rate: A Pilot Study.” Cardiovascular Research Technologies (CRT) conference, Washington DC, USA. February 2015
- Marwan Saad, Upamanyu Rampal, FNU Jaydev, Jill Butler. “Acute Deep Venous Thrombosis unmasking underlying Wilson’s disease: A Case report”. National American College of Physicians Conference, Orlando, Florida, USA April 2014.