The goal of the clinical training program is to ensure clinical excellence in all areas of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism while permitting maximum flexibility for varying career goals. Fellows attend clinics and consulting service in each year of the program. The consulting team includes faculty, endocrine fellows, medicine residents, and senior medical students. For fellows wishing to concentrate on research or clinical work, clinical duties can be reduced or increased within the guidelines set for certification in Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- Bi-monthly research conferences (fellows participate in selection of topics)
- Weekly clinical endocrine conferences (fellows, medical residents, and faculty present)
- Weekly clinical case sessions, journal club, and board review (for endocrine residents and students)
- Clinical conferences in the department of Internal Medicine take place daily at both adult hospitals.
- Internal Medicine Grand Rounds occurs weekly.
- Endocrine Grand Rounds occurs once a month on average.
- Research seminars organized by Basic Science Departments are held two to three times every week.